One word - Family.
Founded in 2005 by a fresh faced 17 year old, Gilan, Battle Grounds started out as a paintball specialist driven by Gilan's love of outdoor pursuits and years of experience in the paintball industry. Nearly 8 years on, we now cater for a variety of customers across multiple activity types including our newest addition of outdoor laser tag. With a focus on providing our customers with the highest quality experience possible our wee local business has grown organically over the years and so too has the Battle Grounds family.... Hollie (Gilan's fiance) came on board in 2009 and Joshua (the cutest baby ever) arrived in November 2012.
With a real ambition to keep meeting our exceptionally high standards, we have been working really hard over the last 2 1/2 years since moving to our new site in Banchory. Since the move we have -
- Built a custom reception area (the only one of it's kind in Scotland)
- Installed a brand new car park with disabled parking and coach access
- Designed and built, by our own hands, 4 new game zones including the Chinook and Mayan Temple (it's a massive 30ft tall!)
- Expanded into laser tag (a really high-tech, outdoor gaming experience) which is perfect for participants from as young as 6 years old and now also offer bi-weekly airsoft shoots
- Built a team of staff including Eddie, who has on occasion been known to dress up as a playboy bunnie!, and Liam who joined the BG family earlier this year.
We are also the only paintball venue approved by Aberdeenshire City Council (we are the only site to hold a full entertainments license which is a legal requirement in Scotland) and all of our staff are PVG and Disclosure Scotland approved.
We love to encourage more people to get involved in the sports we love! We are the only site in Aberdeenshire to run walk-on paintball days for regular players, keep a great range of equipment in-stock, offer a free equipment tech service and are the ONLY site in Scotland to run BOTH Woodsball and Sup Air style paintball tournaments.
We pride ourselves on offering an unparalleled customer experience at Battle Grounds and love a challenge - whether your looking to host a corporate BBQ on our stunning lawn or an extra special Birthday party we would be delighted to hear from you! We think we offer a pretty special experience at Battle Grounds and can’t wait to share it with you.
For more information about our involvement with local youth groups and charities, our kick-ass staff and our site safety and facilities click on the tabs to the left or give us a call.